Verizon Is Moving Out An OTA Towards The Universe S7 and S7 Edge Tomorrow, May 6
If you are the owner of the Universe S7 or S7 Advantage on Verizon, you will want to look for an update tomorrow. Based on the carrier, an OTA is in route there looks to become not only bug fixes and security patches. Based on the support documents, here are some what don’t be surprised:
- Security patches, though we aren’t sure if it’ll be May’s or one from a previous month, but since the phones are currently on February’s security update, anything will be a welcome addition.
- A pop-up reminder to close your SIM/SD card tray if you left it open.
- A shortcut has been added to Application Manager to give you easier access to memory statistics for individual apps.
- Easier instructions on how to enable and disable the always-on screen mode.
- When traveling outside your time zone, the dual clock on the always-on screen will now show the current time under “roaming.”
- New hints in the Smart Switch app.
- On-screen messages during video calls when switching between Wi-Fi and cellular.
- Better connection to network extenders.
- Fixed a sync bug with Outlook email when the phone is in power-saving mode.
- Fixed a multiple popup bug in Milk Music.
- Eliminated multiple SD card popup notifications.
The brand new firmware is G930VVRU2APD2 for that Universe S7 and G935VVRU2APD2 for that Universe S7 Edge. We are unsure how large the update is because it has not formally dropped yet. Happy upgrading!